When you are registered for the local sales tax in a given jurisdiction, your association will be able to claim the taxes paid out on business expenses incurred in that country. Each country has its own set of rules that dictate what expenses are eligible to claim the VAT back on, but to maximize the coming back to you, its important to request valide tax invoices from your suppliers. A proforma, deposit invoice, quote or information bill cant be sued to claim the VAT back. Your associations name must also appear on these invoices. In our experience, its always better to ask suppliers for these documents before making final payments. These suppliers are legally required to supply you with an valide tax invoice.